Small Business Articles

Real Estate Agent Insurance: What You Need to Know

As a real estate agent or agency owner, it’s crucial that you have proper insurance coverage for your business. There are a number of policies—what might collectively be called “real estate agent insurance” [link to real estate industry page]—that you need to protect your business from the high cost of liability and losses. That’s because your business faces many risks, including incidents like:

Do I Need Errors and Omissions Insurance?

Small business owners who provide professional advice or services often ask, “Do I need errors and omissions insurance?” The answer in virtually all cases is, “Yes, you do.” Errors and omissions insurance (sometimes written as E&O or E and O insurance) is professional liability insurance that protects businesses from claims by clients that the company’s employees made a mistake or neglected certain required actions.